Not all the schools of Switzerland have their holidays at the same time. More or less, each federation has its own calendar.
To summarize, each area will have:
- One or two weeks holidays in Feb.
- One or two weeks holidays in April.
- One month and half holidays in July/August.
- One or two weeks holidays in Autumn.
- One or two weeks for Christmas/New year eve.
When the schools are closed, they are really closed and no contact with the families/students/teachers/principal can be done.
An exchange in September has to be confirmed, by the participant, before the 1st of June to give enough time to the Swiss school to be ready for September when the school reopens.